At the start of 2023, we are proud to reflect and share highlights of our dedication to the things we value most: our employees and customers, our software and consulting services and, of course, the community.
Here’s a snapshot of Zasio’s many happenings from the past year. And, cheers to 2023!
- We kicked off 2022 by receiving our first SOC 2, Type 2 certification, one of the most industry-accepted auditing standards for a service company. SOC2, Type 2 certification demonstrates Zasio’s business processes, information technology, and risk management controls have been properly designed, as well as Zasio’s commitment to security in delivering its SaaS solutions to customers around the globe. You can read more about the certification HERE.
- Versatile Electronic Records Management System™ (ERMS), is now integrated with Versatile Retention.™ The integration means it’s now possible to manage records retention in your electronic document repositories directly. “Many companies have made great strides in developing and enhancing their records retention schedule, but very few have actually put it into practice on digital repositories–making it operational throughout their infrastructure,” Warren Bean, senior sales engineer at Zasio said in the company’s press release. You can learn more about the update HERE.
- Transition to Microsoft Azure for cloud hosting. As part of our commitment to continuously improving our software and services, we were pleased to announce the successful transition to Microsoft Azure to host our Versatile cloud-based applications. The transition will provide our customers with increased redundancy and failover protection. We are also excited to take advantage of Azure’s extensive scalability and comprehensive security features.
- Sharing the knowledge: Zasio’s software and consulting divisions participated in nearly a dozen webinars in 2022 including highlighting and exploring our solutions, records management best practices, privacy law foundation, and more. “Excellent presentation. Such a huge topic to try to contain within one hour but you hit some really important highlights,” a webinar attendee said. We’re already busy planning our 2023 webinar schedule including our popular Virtual Coffee with Consulting series, so stay tuned!
- Speaking of consulting, our amazing team of consultants and research analysts wrote numerous blogs for Zasio.com in 2022 — ranging from managing records during natural disasters, and the American Data Privacy and Protection Act (ADPPA) to taking a deeper look into the foundation of all things privacy. Make sure you’re signed up with ZConnect, our monthly newsletter, where we share blogs, recent industry news, and events, and provide information governance resources.
- Our citations total 147,804 and are still increasing! We updated retention regulations in 103 countries along with 73 sub-jurisdictions in 2022. Our team updated more than 27,000 citations in the U.S. and internationally and added nearly 14,000 to our growing list of active citations, (which we expect will exceed 150,000 in 2023!). Antigua and Barbuda, Cuba, Iran, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique and Uzbekistan have also been added to our list of researched countries. Our analysts have researched a combined 250 countries, states, provinces, territories, self-regulated organizations and supranational unions. In other words, we are always updating our database of citations!
- Software updates: Our software team provided customers with new product updates for VE 8.10, ERMS 4.1, VR 12.0 and 12.1 and VROTG 2.1.
- Volunteer service: Zasio staffers held volunteer positions in a number of community and professional organizations in 2022 including the positions of president, vice president, and director of Boise Valley ARMA. We also have representation in the Association of Corporate Counsel Mountain West Chapter: board member; Idaho Botanical Garden: board member; Bogus Basin Recreation Association; at large member; Family Advocates Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA): Pro Bono Counsel for Guardians ad Litem; and Information and Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) mentor.
- Giving back: In addition to being experts in records management, community defines who we are. In 2022, we made monetary donations to several organizations including the Boise VA Medical Center, Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation, the Women and Children’s Alliance for its back-to-school, Hope Society, and Giving Tree programs, as well as the Idaho Food Bank.
We have a lot of exciting things coming in 2023, including a newly designed website, so stay tuned!