Our Consulting team is now offering live virtual coffee Q&A sessions! During these monthly sessions, attendees can submit their information governance questions and our team will discuss them live in the session! Whether you’re a current consulting client, or you’ve never used our consulting division, we want to hear your questions!
The next virtual coffee session is coming up!
Date: August 20th
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Mountain Time.
To attend, register using the link below and start thinking of questions you would like to discuss! Questions can be pre-submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and will get priority in the live discussion.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Theme: Structure data retention periods and COVID records retention
- Structure data retention periods
- Does your organization struggle with determining appropriate retention and disposition for structured data?
- Does your organization keep a separate retention schedule for structured data?
- For those organizations with their management of structured data, how do you determine the appropriate retention periods for that data?
- Should the appropriate retention period for structured data correlate to the retention period of the output records?
- How do you approach retention periods for applications that have various data fields? For example, one data section has employment information, another data section has company financial record information, etc.
- COVID records retention
- Is your organization currently generating/collecting/retaining employee health-screening COVID related records?
- For organizations collecting various employee health information, how is this information being categorized?
- Has your organization determined an appropriate retention period for these records?
- If yes, what has been determined the appropriate retention period?
- Do you consider employee health-screening COVID related records to contain PHI (Protected Health Information)?
Theme: RIM Policies and Records Retention Schedules
- We are a local government agency preparing to update our records management policy and retention schedule. I am hoping to gather information to aid in the development of a records program that meets today’s environment. I would like to know about:
- Best practices/standards for records management policy
- Best practices/standards for retention schedule
- What is considered permanent record (agenda, minutes, financial statements, etc.)
- Paper versus electronic records
Theme: RIM Fundamentals and RIM/IG + COVID-19
- How many call participants still grapple with RIM fundamentals, including but not limited to the following:
- Obtaining senior-level support
- Records retention schedules
- Physical records issues – such as onsite/offsite records storage with one vendor
- Creating RIM awareness within their organization
- Employee training
- Has your organization advanced fundamental areas to more advanced RIM areas such as IG, privacy, and electronic records and information management?
- Companies are starting to assess returning employees back to the office.
- Is your company doing this in a staged approach?
- Has your company implemented an employee health-certification to return to work?
- Have you had to deal with scheduling COVID self-certification forms from a retention perspective yet?
- Is your company determining whether “work-from-home” may be a permanent option for some functions?
Theme: Information Governance and COVID-19
- Privacy regulations may be relaxed during a pandemic. Any suggestions on how to ensure data sharing during a pandemic will not come under scrutiny once we are no longer under a pandemic?
- Many organizations are looking for ways to improve education and keep people sharp while working from home, do you have suggestions for IG professionals?
- How are organizations with geographically dispersed field offices (plus HQ offices) managing records management activities internally along with their offsite storage vendor(s)? Have organizations put less of a priority on RIM at this point?
- With remote workers, what additional cybersecurity measures are organizations putting into place, if any?
- Are most RIM-related employees continuing to work from home? If not, what is the rationale for them working from the office? If they are working from home, have they received a timeline for reporting back to the office?
- If RIM-related employees are working from home, are they able to collaborate and work on in-progress RIM projects and initiatives or initiate new initiatives?