Your privacy is important to Zasio Enterprises, Inc. (“we,” “us,” or “Zasio”). Accordingly, we developed this Data Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) that explains how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your personal data.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with other information.
Who are we and what type of personal data do we collect?
As a business partner for companies, our products and services are neither intended for nor do we market to individuals or children. Accordingly, we collect limited personal data from those that are employed by or represent a customer or access our website to gather more information about who we are and what we do. Specifically, we collect and direct the purpose and use of:
- Business contact information of prospects and customers.
- Website activity through cookies.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or store personal data outside of that identified above.
Lastly, our website or consulting deliverables may contain or cite to third party websites as a source or point of interest. These websites are not controlled by us, and we are not responsible for any content contained on any such website. Information collected by the third-party websites, which may include location data or contact details, is governed by their respective privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties before visiting or providing any personal data through their websites.
How can you keep your personal data up to date?
If you wish to access, correct or update personal data (such as your address) or are aware of your personal data that may have been inadvertently transmitted or delivered to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon notice, we will take appropriate steps correct or delete this information as soon as possible.
What do we do with your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Provide and support the licensed products.
- Deliver the requested professional and consulting services.
- Maintain and administer our billing and customer accounts and records.
- Analyze the effectiveness of advertisement and web searches.
- Conduct research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
- Inform of news, events, activities or services.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal data with other people or non-affiliated companies, except to provide the products or services you have requested, with your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- To trusted third parties who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal data to help us provide our products and services to you, and/or communicate with you about our products, services, offers, updates, or upcoming events. These companies, however, do not have the independent right to share this information.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- In the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of our company, or of any of the business of our company or a chapter/division thereof, in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
How do we secure your personal data?
We limit access to personal data about you to employees whom we believe reasonably need to come into contact with your personal data in order to deliver our products and services to your company or otherwise communicate news, events, activities, products, or services. All employees are required to abide by strict confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we also implement suitable physical, logical, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data that we collect from you.
Personal data collected through our website, products, and services are stored on servers in the United States, and these servers are subject to our security policies and procedures. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that your personal data, once collected, will be transferred to servers in the United States, and the United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, to adhere to legal requirements to which we are subject to, or to maintain communications regarding our services and offerings.
What is the basis for collecting, using, and storing your personal data?
The primary basis for collecting and using your personal data is because it is necessary to perform or deliver our products and services, or otherwise stay in touch to maintain current and potential future business relationships. In addition, we also store and retain your personal data because it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and operational needs. For example, there are numerous legal requirements at the state and federal level in the United States for companies to retain accounting and related information for a set period of time. Lastly, we may collect, use, store, and retain your personal data based on your consent authorizing our use.
How do you contact us with questions, concerns, or complains?
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by phone at (800) 513-1000, email us at email@example.com, or by writing to us at Zasio Enterprises, Inc., 401 West Front Street, Suite 305, Boise, Idaho 83702.
You are entitled to make an anonymous complaint or inquiry in relation to this Privacy Notice or your privacy rights; however, we may require you to identify yourself if required by law or it is impracticable for us to deal with your matter otherwise.
We will acknowledge receipt of any complaint within five (5) business days and make an effort to provide you with a response within thirty (30) days of receipt of your complaint. There may be instances where this is not possible due to the contents of the complaint. In such circumstances, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable and practical time.
Last updated: May 2018