Effective Date: January 1, 2023
At Zasio Enterprises, Inc. (“Zasio,” “we,” “our”), we take transparency about our privacy practices seriously. Accordingly, we have prepared this notice to explain how we collect, use, protect, share, and dispose of information about you, why we do this, and some of the rights you may have regarding our processing of your information.
About Zasio. Zasio provides other businesses with records and information management (“RIM”) software, SaaS, and related services, as well as RIM consulting services. We are a California corporation headquartered in Boise, Idaho, USA. To learn more about Zasio, please click on the About Section of our website.
What’s In and Out of This Privacy Notice? This notice describes the kinds of personal information we collect from (i) our customers (including their end users); (ii) website visitors; (iii) webinar and event attendees; (iv) prospective customers (or those just interested in learning more about our company and RIM software and services); and (v) those with whom we otherwise interact, including on any social media platform where Zasio has a presence. For our customers and end users, as well as our service providers, please see your organization’s applicable agreement with Zasio, which may apply in lieu of, or in addition to, this notice. Also, this notice does not govern our privacy practices concerning our mobile application. For users of our mobile app, please see the privacy terms included with the end user agreement presented upon downloading and accessing the app. The terms of our master agreement with your organization may also apply.
Information About You Provided By Our Customers. This privacy notice does not describe any information about you, as a third party, that a Zasio customer may provide to us through their use of Zasio’s services (such as by uploading information to our cloud environment). This kind of information is controlled by our customers, and Zasio is merely a “processor” or “service provider” for our customers. For questions about information a Zasio customer may have provided to us, or to exercise any associated applicable legal rights, please contact the customer who has provided us with your information.
How To Contact Zasio. We value your feedback and do our very best to get privacy right. If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or see the end of this notice for additional ways you can get ahold of us.
This notice describes the categories of personal information we have collected and our disclosure practices during the 12 months prior to the date at the top of this notice.
For additional information regarding our privacy practices, click on the sections below:
In this privacy notice, when we say “personal information,” we broadly mean any information that identifies, relates to, or reasonably could be linked or associated with you or your household. Personal information, personal data, and like terms are defined differently across the many different data privacy laws in the U.S. and around the world. The term “personal information” in this notice includes information covered under any such applicable privacy law definitions.
We collect, process, and share personal information primarily to provide our customers with industry-leading RIM software and services. The below describes the kinds of personal information Zasio may collect when you interact with Zasio and our offerings:
- Zasio’s website. When you interact with Zasio’s website, we may collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, employer, physical address, or any other information you chose to provide (such as by completing a form requesting this information). We may also collect information such as the IP address of the device you’re using, general location information, web browser type, the source that referred you to our website, and other information about how you use and interact with our website. We may collect this information using our own, as well as third-party, cookies and related tracking technologies. For more information about our cookie practices, please visit Zasio’s Cookie Notice. Our website allows you to manage which cookies are active when you interact with it, and thereby control the kinds of personal data that we may collect. We collect, process, and share this information with your consent and for our legitimate interest in offering our software and services to you.
Other Sites: Please note that Zasio’s website may offer links to other sites (such as other websites and social media). Zasio’s website also may be accessible through other sites. Zasio may receive information that’s stored or processed by social media sites with whom Zasio has a presence. Zasio has no control over the privacy practices of such third-party sites. Accordingly, Zasio encourages you to refer to the privacy policies of any such third-party sites to see how each collects and uses your information, as well as to understand your rights and the platform’s obligations to you.
- Hosted software and SaaS subscribers. When you, as a customer or a customer’s end user, interact with one of our SaaS or other cloud services, we collect certain information identifying you and about your access and use of the service. For example, we record the identity of the user based on the user’s log-in information, the time of use, how they’ve interacted with the service, the features they use, and other information about a user’s activities concerning our services. We also collect information such as your IP address, browser type and settings, and device identification information. This information is created and automatically logged in our systems and we may collectively refer to it as ‘log information.’ We collect this log information primarily for security and customer services purposes, or to improve our offerings.
Where a customer accesses and uses one of our cloud services, the customer controls what information, including any personal information, it uploads using the service. Please note though, that while Zasio has logical access to any data a customer may upload using our cloud services, we do not monitor the content of a customer’s hosted data. Hosted data is shared with our third-party cloud hosting service providers. We collect, process, and share this hosted data to perform the agreement between the customer and Zasio.
- Zasio customer service portal, support, consulting, and professional services: End users of Zasio’s software and services may be able to submit personal information to Zasio through Zasio’s customer service portal or through contact with our support, technology, or consulting teams. Zasio only uses personal information provided through these channels for the purpose for which it was collected and in connection with our providing RIM services. You may not be able to utilize all portions of our customer support portal, support services, consulting, or professional services if you decline to provide personal information that is necessary for Zasio to perform the services you have requested. We collect and process this information to perform the agreement between you (or your company) and Zasio.
- Business relationship data. When you pursue or form a business relationship with Zasio, we collect and processes personal information in the form of business contact information such as your name, company’s name, job title, job duties, and department. We may share this information with our customer relationship management system provider. If you provide financial data in connection with ordering one of our offerings (such as credit card information or bank account details), we may collect and process this financial data for processing payment. We collect, process, and share this information to perform the agreement between you (or your company) and Zasio.
- Other collections: Zasio also may collect personal information from or about you in other ways, such as through your contact with us when you respond to a survey, sign up for a webinar or event, request information about Zasio’s offerings, sign up for newsletters and updates, post a comment to a Zasio blog article, interact with us on social media, or when you otherwise interact with Zasio personnel. Zasio may also collect personal information about you that is publicly available, is provided by a third-party business, or that you voluntarily provide through a third party (such as a third-party platform we use to present one of our webinars). When you participate in one of our webinars or other events, Zasio may process your interactions with the relevant service to organize and put on the event (including for things like polls, surveys and other interactions with participants). Zasio may also collect audio and video recordings of these events, but will notify you if the event is being recorded. Zasio may additionally process any personal information you provide in connection with one of these events (such as feedback) to improve and plan future events. To the extent necessary, we additionally share such information with any event cosponsor. We collect, process, and share this information with your consent and for our legitimate interest in offering our RIM software and services to you.
- On-premises software: For software that Zasio licenses that is strictly on-premises, any personal information that is contained in a customer’s on-premises software database is not controlled by or accessible to Zasio, and therefore is not covered by this privacy notice. Please contact the applicable customer concerning any questions or to exercise any privacy rights with respect to such information.
Zasio may also process and share personal information:
- To comply with the law;
- To enable Zasio’s business and pursue our legitimate interests, such as to:
- Monitor use and improve, personalize, and protect our business offerings;
- prevent, investigate, and report fraud, security incidents, or a crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- conduct market research and for marketing purposes (you can opt out of marketing communications at any time); and
- Exercise, establish, or defend Zasio’s legal rights or a customer’s legal rights, or protect the safety of persons or property;
- during the sale or transfer of a business unit or an asset to another company, including during bankruptcy or similar proceedings. In such instances, and where we have the ability, we will require the company to protect and use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this notice.
- In any Zasio contest or giveaway in which you choose to participate. For this use, though, Zasio will only use and retain contact information that you have provided to us and only after you have agreed to participate in the contest or giveaway.
In limited circumstances, Zasio may also disclose your personal information in other ways if we expressly ask you, and you consent to, the disclosure.
Zasio does not provide your personal information to any third parties in exchange for money. However, data privacy laws like the California Consumer Privacy Act consider a “sale” to be much more than the traditional concept of exchanging a commodity for currency. During the past 12 months, when you have done things like interact with Zasio’s website or register for a Zasio webinar, we may have provided your information to a third party in exchange for services such as insights about your use of our website or attendance and participation in one of our webinars. Zasio does not share your personal information with any third parties for purposes of cross-contextual behavioral advertising.
Service Providers: Zasio utilizes third-party service providers to help us provide our customers with our RIM software and services. However, any service provider with whom Zasio provides personal information is contractually limited to using that information solely to provide services to Zasio, and may not utilize that information for its own, independent use.
Cookies: Some of the cookies we use for our website are provided by third parties, and the collection of your information using these cookies may constitute a “sale” under certain data privacy laws. Using the cookie management feature on our website, you can opt out of these third-party cookies by limiting cookies to only those necessary for “Basic Operations.” If you elect not to enable cookies, some website functionality may be impaired. You may also need to renew your cookie choices if you use a different browser, switch provider accounts, or use a different device.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a legitimate business need to do so (such as to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with legal, tax, or accounting requirements). After that time, your personal information will be deleted. However, Zasio may retain your personal information for longer periods if we need the information to assert or defend against legal claims.
Zasio only sends marketing communications that you have consented to receive. You can choose whether to continue to receive any marketing communication from us by using the opt-out methods described in that communication. You may also submit a request to opt-out by emailing it to email@example.com.
Please note that you may not be able to opt out from receiving service-related communications for any of our offerings that you have purchased.
Zasio offers business-to-business software and services that are not directed to minor children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 16. If you become aware that anyone has provided us with personal information about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certain web browsers may offer a “do not track” setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. Zasio’s website currently does not respond to “DNT” requests, but will promptly update this privacy notice upon any changes to this practice.
Zasio takes precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures to help safeguard the information we collect. All information in Zasio’s possession, custody, or control is subject to the controls in our Comprehensive Information Security Management System (ISMS). For more information about Zasio’s ISMS, please visit the security page on our website.
While Zasio has implemented security mechanisms that meet or exceed industry standards, no method of storage or transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Zasio is a company in the United States and its website is based in the United States. Personal information collected through our website and our hosted services, as well as for our business purposes, is stored on servers in the United States, and these servers are subject to our security policies and procedures. If you are located outside of the United States, you should be aware your personal information, once collected, will be transferred to servers in the United States, and the United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws.
If you are a California resident and the CCPA applies to our processing of your personal information, you have certain legal rights. The term personal information in this section is defined under the CCPA.
A person’s rights under the CCPA include:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request we inform you of what personal information we collect, use, disclose, or sell, or some or all of these, during the past 12 months. This includes the (i) categories of personal information we collected about you; (ii) categories or sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) business or commercial purpose for our collecting or selling your personal information; (iv) categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; and (v) specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that is collected or maintained by us. Upon our receipt of any verifiable consumer request, California law may require us to delete and direct any applicable service providers to delete your personal information from our records that are not necessary for our business operations.
- Correction: You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information that we have collected and maintained about you.
- Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of these privacy rights.
- Opt-Out of Sale and Sharing: You have the right to request to be opted out from the sale or sharing of your personal information, as those terms are defined under the CCPA. Zasio does not ‘share’ your personal information, as that term is defined under the CCPA.
Broader Opt-Out of Sale Request: In addition to selecting your cookie preferences when using this website, you can make a broader opt-out of sale request using this link and completing the included form. Zasio will honor any opt out of sale request in accordance with applicable data privacy law. We have not and do not knowingly sell information about any minor under 16.
Exercising CCPA Rights. To exercise rights you may have under the CCPA, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing email@example.com or writing to: Attn. Legal Department, Zasio Enterprises, Inc., 401 W. Front St., Ste. 305, Boise, ID 83702.
Under California law, any request must be described with sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. California law limits consumer requests to twice within a 12-month period. Zasio will not discriminate against you for exercising any CCPA rights.
Verifying Your Identity. To respond to any CCPA request, we must verify you are the consumer who is the subject of the request based on the information we have about you. If we cannot verify your identity based on our records, we will not be able to fulfill your request. Requests that seeks specific pieces of personal information and for deletion require you to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Authorized Agent. The CCPA allows California residents to designate an agent to submit requests on their behalf. Zasio will respond to any verifiable request in accordance with applicable law.
Response to Your Request. Zasio will make all reasonable efforts to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receipt, and we will inform you in writing if we need more time (up to 90 days). We will advise you of any reason for denying or restricting a request to the extent permitted by law.
To the extent European Union, UK, or Swiss privacy law (“European Privacy law”) applies to your personal information, you may have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- Automated Decision Making: You may object to decisions based on profiling or automated decision-making that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you. However, we do not process personal information in this manner;
- Restrictions on Procession. You may request we restrict the processing of your personal information or object to our processing of your personal information pursuant to (i) a legitimate interest; or (ii) the performance of a task in the public interest;
- Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information for a purpose to which you previously consented. Any withdrawal of consent, however, does not affect the lawfulness of processing done before you withdrew consent;
- Data Portability: In certain circumstances, you may request that we provide certain personal information about you in a machine-readable format; and
- Erasure: In certain circumstances, you may request we delete or remove certain personal information we process about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please email Zasio at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Zasio may need to request additional information from you to validate your request. Zasio will respond to any request in accordance with applicable law.
Supervisory Authority. If you are in the European Union, the European Economic Area, the UK, or Switzerland, you may raise any concern that you may have regarding our use of your personal information by making a complaint to a supervisory authority.
Cross-Border Transfers. If we export your personal information from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom to the U.S. and are required to apply additional safeguards under European data protection law, we will do so. These may include applying the European Commission or UK ICO Standard Contractual Clauses, as appropriate.
At Zasio, we’ve adopted a global approach to privacy. In addition to the rights described in this privacy notice, you may have additional rights regarding the protection of personal information pursuant to the law of your state, country, or region. Zasio is committed to complying with and securing any rights available under all applicable data protection laws and regulations.
At Zasio, we regularly review and update this privacy notice. To stay up to date on our privacy practices, we encourage you to regularly review this page for any updates.
At Zasio, we welcome your questions, comments, and concerns regarding this privacy notice and our privacy practices. You can contact us by any of the below methods:
Mail: Attn: Legal Counsel, 401 W. Front St., Ste. 305, Boise, Idaho 83702
If you have a disability and need this policy provided to you in a different format, you may also contact us by any of the above means.