This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) applies if your agreement with Zasio Enterprises, Inc. (“Zasio”) for products and services (“Agreement”) incorporates the AUP maintained on Zasio’s website. This AUP forms part of your Agreement and supplements its terms regulating conduct by you, the Customer (including end users), while using the Zasio products and services purchased pursuant to that Agreement. All capitalized terms not defined in this AUP shall have the meaning derived in your Agreement.
The examples in this AUP are illustrative and not exhaustive. Prohibited conduct includes any conduct that, in Zasio’s reasonable judgment, is prohibited under this AUP.
Questions concerning this AUP (such as whether a use is permitted) and violation reports should be directed to email@example.com.
Customer may not use the hosted services (which, for this AUP, includes its related software, network, infrastructure, and corresponding website) to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including but not limited to:
- Conduct that violates or is likely to violate applicable laws, codes, or regulations, including data protection, privacy, and unsolicited commercial electronic messaging laws;
- Introducing any virus or other contaminating code into the hosted services;
- Conduct that does or is likely to result in retaliation against (i) the hosted services; or (ii) Zasio (including its employees, officers, contractors, or other agents). This includes conduct that results in any server or IP address being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS);
- Interference with service to any hosted services user or corresponding infrastructure or other network. Examples include mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system, or broadcast attacks;
- Any action that results in or contributes to any of the hosted services’ infrastructures IP space being listed on any abuse database (i.e. Spamhaus); or
- Any conduct that solicits illegal conduct under applicable law.
- OFFENSIVE CONTENT
Customer may not publish, transmit, or store any content (including links) that a reasonable person would believe:
- Depicts or promotes child pornography, bestiality, live sex acts, or non-consensual sex acts;
- Any content that incites, threatens, or depicts violence; contains hate speech; is harassing in nature; creates a risk to a person’s or the public’s health or safety ; compromises national security; or interferes with a law enforcement or other government investigation;
- Is unfair or deceptive under any applicable consumer protection laws (e.g., chain letters and pyramid schemes);
- Is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy; or
- Is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or morally repugnant.
- VULNERABILITY TESTING
Absent Zasio’s express written prior consent, Customer may not (and may not attempt to) probe, scan, penetrate, or test the vulnerability of the hosted services or any Zasio system, database, or network, or breach any hosted Services or Zasio security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques.
- EXPORT CONTROL
The hosted services may not be used in violation of any export laws, controls, regulations, executive orders, or sanction policies of the United States or your applicable jurisdiction. The hosted services may not be used by any person, organization, company, or any other entity or body, including any affiliate or group company, which is involved with or suspected of involvement in activities or causes relating to: illegal gambling; terrorism; narcotics trafficking; arms trafficking; or the proliferation, development, design, manufacture, production, stockpiling, or use of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, weapons of mass destruction, or missiles; and in each case including any affiliation with others whatsoever who sponsor or support these causes or activities.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION
Customer may not use the hosted services to infringe upon or misappropriate a third party’s intellectual property, proprietary, or other property rights. This includes publishing content to assist another in defeating technical copyright protections.
- INVESTIGATIONS AND LEGAL
If Zasio is legally required to permit any relevant authority to inspect Customer’s content or traffic, Customer agrees to such inspection; provided that, where possible without breaching any legal or regulatory requirement, Zasio gives the Customer reasonable prior notice.
Zasio may, without notice, report to the appropriate authorities any Customer conduct that Zasio reasonably believes may violate applicable law and provide any information and cooperate in response to a formal request from law enforcement or an investigating regulatory agency. Zasio may also report any Customer conduct in response to a relevant and formal request in a legal action that on its face meets the requirements for such a request.
- EXCESSIVE USE
Customer may not use the hosted services’ shared system in a way that (i) unnecessarily interferes with the shared system’s normal operation; or (ii) consumes a disproportionate share of the system’s resources in a manner that negatively impacts the system or the ability of other customers to utilize the system.
- THIRD PARTY
Assisting another in activity that violates this AUP (if performed by the Customer) also violates this AUP.
- SECURITY STANDARDS
Customer will maintain reasonable security standards for its users use of hosted services, including establishing adequate physical security and environmental controls of all devices accessing hosted services, as well as adequate protective measures for customer data as it travels from Customer’s systems to Zasio’s systems or the hosted services.
- Intercepting Content or Traffic
Zasio may intercept or block any content or traffic belonging to Customer or to users where the hosted services are being used in breach of this AUP. No credit will be available for interruptions of service resulting from any AUP violation.
- CHANGES TO THIS AUP
As the internet evolves, so do the ways in which the internet may be abused. Accordingly, Zasio may from time to time amend this AUP. Any AUP revisions will be posted to this website and will become effective as to Customer 30 days after being posted.
- VIOLATIONS OF THIS AUP
Upon a Customer’s breach of this AUP, Zasio may suspend or terminate the Customer’s access to the hosted services in accordance with the Customer’s applicable Agreement with Zasio.
Last updated: February 15, 2022